Woman Turns To CrowdFunding To Watch Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight

[caption id="attachment_531" align="alignleft" width="1024"](via gofundme.com/jah423) (via gofundme.com/jah423)[/caption]

There is no doubt that the Pacquiao Mayweather fight happening on May 2 is the most anticipated fight of today.

On the off chance that you don't have your ticket yet, you may need to see what Jah has done utilising a crowd-funding platform to see the match live in Las Vegas.

In Jah's crowd-funding post at GoFundMe, she said:
My name is Jah. I'm from south Jersey and i'm taking a vacation to Las Vegas in May. I started this campaign to raise money for the trip to cover the flight and the hotel stay. My original goal was $1,500.

She added that she raised her goal to $5,000 to donate to her friend who's battling cancer.
Once I hit my goal I decided to raise the goal to $5,000 and donate anything past my original goal to a a friend I went to highschool with who is battling breast cancer. I havent seen her since highschool but we talk here and there on facebook. I saw her campaign a week or two ago and reposted it to get her some support. However, no one new donated. So I decided that since my campaign met it's goal so quickly that if it continued to gain donations I would be able to make $5,00[sic] in no time and donate $3,500 to her campaign.

After I saw a man raised $55,000 to make potato salad on a similar site, I figured this was worth a shot.

It drew both positive and negative feedback from the people, but it could be the least that matters to her now. She has already reached her $1,500 goal and now just seeking more to help someone else. In her most recent update she said,
Thanks everyone who donated to my trip to Las Vegas! I am Glad to announce I made my Goal of $1,500. So any access after the fees are being sent over to Danita. Also since posting her account she has jumped from $495 to $1000. So Thanks for everyone who donated to her. Alot of people don't trust that I'm giving her the remaining money and are complaining to gofundme. so they suggested I just promote her page since she has one. So I'm ending this campaign since the haters want to take away from what turned out to be a good cause.

 

A lot of people took this the wrong way, saying it's a very selfish thing to ask crowd funding for, but hey it worked. We can all be bitter about it, but love it, hate it, she's going to see the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight LIVE, and we probably won't.

What do you think? Is this an inappropriate thing to do or not? Do you believe trust that she's giving the rest of the money to her friend?

 

0 comments: